Bartier Perry Lawyers is a progressive, vibrant and innovative law firm, with a well-established profile in the Sydney legal market.
We pride ourselves on our strong culture and values. Here you’ll work with the best and brightest who love what they do. You’ll join a culture that prides itself on being inclusive, friendly and results oriented.
We are seeking an experienced part-time (3-4 days per week) Financial Controller in a newly created role for the firm, reporting to the CFO.
The Financial Controller will oversee the daily accounting operations, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger and payroll - with a focus on improving existing controls and procedures.
- Manage and provide guidance to the Accounts team (led by an experienced Accounts Supervisor).
- Manage, document and improve the controls related to the day to day accounting operations in the firm.
- Ensure daily bank reconciliations and associated tasks are completed accurately and on time.
- Responsibility for ensuring the billing processes within the finance team completed accurately and on time.
- Manage our internal payroll process (which is outsourced to our external service provider).
- Manage BAS and payroll tax reporting requirements.
- Update cashflow forecasts.
- Prepare all supporting information for the annual audit
- Assist with the year-end financial statement preparations
- Coach, mentor and develop members of the Finance Team
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will have a pro-active attitude, a high degree of initiative and a positive and collaborative approach.
In addition, you will possess the following:
- Minimum 3 years working as a Financial Controller
- Tertiary Qualification in Accounting (CA / CPA qualified)
- Ability to develop and build strong internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Professional services experiences would be preferred
- Demonstrated commitment and a positive attitude toward quality.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
You will be looking for an opportunity to apply your expertise, attention to detail and solid background in accounting to add value to a friendly, experienced and long tenured team. You will:
- Enjoy working in a professional environment
- Possess strong technical skills
- Be able to manage competing priorities
- Have attention to detail and thoroughness
- Possess superb communication skills
- Have the desire to perform the job function with the highest levels of professionalism
Our Culture & Benefits:
- Generous study assistance
- Flexible working arrangements
- Incentive rewards program for all staff
- Monthly social events
- In house learning and development training program
- Social and sporting activities
- Employee assistance program
How to apply
Direct applicants only. To apply for this exciting opportunity, please forward your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, click on the "Apply Now" button on this ad to submit your application directly.
Please note: Only applicants with the right to work in Australia and relevant Australian experience will be considered for this role. All applications will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.
Please also note – No agencies please - at this stage, we are only accepting direct applications.