Legal Secretary | Workplace Law & Culture
We are seeking a bright and enthusiastic Intermediate Legal Secretary to join our busy and dynamic Workplace & Law team.
As a Legal Secretary, you will provide clerical and administrative support to a hardworking, focused and productive practice. This is an excellent opportunity to provide top calibre support to a team of high performing lawyers and partners. You will show initiative in assisting lawyers manage their various commitments to ensure the delivery of best outcomes for clients and look for solutions to make work efficient and productive.
This role will be fundamental to the ongoing success of this team.
Bartier Perry Lawyers is a progressive, vibrant and innovative law firm, with a well-established profile in the Sydney legal market. The business is on a steady growth trajectory built on a solid platform of experience and expertise.
We are a fast-growing law firm going through a period of exciting change and are looking for client-driven, outcomes focused people to join our team.
Here you’ll work with the best and brightest who love what they do. You’ll join a culture that prides itself on being friendly and results oriented and will have access to even the most senior team members.
What does the role involve?
- Proactive diary and file management (booking meetings/appointments);
- Administrative support to the partners and fee earners in the practice group, providing meaningful assistance to help lawyers in the discharge of their work;
- Opening and closing files;
- Collating documents and correspondence;
- Amending and formatting documents quickly and accurately;
- Ensuring incoming telephone calls are answered quickly, taking clear and accurate messages and passing to appropriate person(s);
- Preparing documents and correspondence (Word, PowerPoint, Excel);
- Inputting and maintaining client data into our CRM software (Aderant Expert);
- Monthly billing;
- Assisting with client queries; and
- Assisting Senior Legal Secretary/Paralegal with admin and task overflow.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Legal Secretary or experience from an in-house role as a Personal Assistant with Employment Law experience.
We are seeking a mature minded, proactive team player who has exceptional attention to detail and the ability to work independently to organise their workload to meet tight deadlines.
To be considered for this excellent opportunity, you will need to demonstrate:
- Previous experience in a legal practice;
- Strong organisational skills;
- A pro-active ability to maintain high quality work with exceptional attention to detail;
- A strong desire to make a difference to a fee earner’s management of their commitments and time;
- Strong client-facing and communication skills;
- Strong technical and organisational skills; mature with a clear understanding of confidentiality and the need to remain calm under pressure;
- Polished presentation; and
- Flexibility, adaptability and positive approach.
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will have the opportunity to join a firm with a fantastic office culture, earn a competitive salary package and gain an opportunity to benefit from in-depth in-house and external training and an ongoing commitment to your career progression within the firm.
Excellent MS Word skills are essential along with a typing speed of at least 80 WPM and proven track record as an outstanding legal secretary or PA.
Our Culture & Benefits:
- Incentive bonus program
- Monthly breakfasts and monthly social drinks
- In house learning and development training program
- Reward and recognition program
- Social and sporting activities
- Yoga classes fortnightly
- Daily fresh fruit
- Flexible working arrangements
- Study Support
- Employee assistance program
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
How to apply
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please forward your CV to Grace Connolly, People & Culture Coordinator, by emailing your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, click on the "Apply Now" button on this ad to submit your application directly.
Please note: Only applicants with the right to work in Australia and relevant Australian experience will be considered for this role. All applications will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.
Please also note – At this stage, we are inviting direct applications only. We will not be engaging the services of recruitment agencies for this role.