Practice Manager (12-month contract)
Bartier Perry is a successful commercial law firm based in the heart of the Sydney CBD. The business is on a steady growth trajectory built on a solid platform of experience and expertise in the local market.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and dynamic Practice Manager on a 12-month contract basis to assist and support multiple practice groups. Reporting to our Practice Group Heads and working closely with our Executive Management Team, you will play an integral role in supporting, influencing and driving the Practice Groups to succeed in their business plans and strategic initiatives.
This is a 12-month parental leave contract role and will offer the successful candidate an excellent opportunity to add value while providing critical support to these highly driven and friendly teams.
- Producing and analysing management and Practice Group reports
- Managing the completion of detailed reviews of aged WIP and debtors by Fee earners
- Assisting with the preparation and setting of team budgets and discretionary spend
- Ongoing review of processes and systems to identify opportunities for improvement
- Responsible for driving billing performance, including monthly updates and identifying opportunities to minimise shortfalls
Client Development & Compliance
- Working closely with the Business Development (BD) team, monitoring the Practice Group(s) BD budget and activities against individual and team KPI’s
- Updating key client care plans and assisting with completion of case studies and deals list for use in publications/tenders/events
- Maintaining correct and accurate client information within our systems and provide relevant information to BD (such as events, seminars, presentations etc)
- Audit bi-annually of Practice Group(s) CV’s, facilitate updates and provide to BD
- Working with the Partners in the Practice Group & BD Team to schedule seminar and bulletin timetables and update Firm calendar on intranet.
- Supply BD with contact information for events database and providing updates when changes occur.
- Managing, maintaining and ensuring compliance with client service standards, including client liaison as required.
- Identifying and managing client precedents and the development of workflows to create efficiencies, ensuring brand alignment.
People Leadership and Management
- Lead and mentor support staff within Practice Group working closely with the Practice Head, Senior Lawyers and the People & Culture team
- Assisting People & Culture team with recruitment and exit of Legal Secretaries, Paralegals and Lawyers within designated Practice Groups
- Co-ordinating and completing performance reviews for Legal Secretaries within Practice Group ensuring they are aligned with Practice Group’s Strategic Plan
- Manage leave requests and rosters during “close down periods”
- Working closely with relevant stakeholders including the Firm’s Trainer to ensure appropriate training and support within the Practice Group
- Enhances, promotes and builds brand of team/firm
- Working with Practice Heads and the Executive Management team to develop, influence and implement Practice Group and firm strategic plan initiatives
- Emulate professionalism and confidentiality and act in a way which supports and promotes the values of the firm.
What are we looking for?
To be successful in the role you will ideally have experience working in a law firm as a Practice Manager with strong communication, leadership and management skills, along with the ability to motivate and influence others, prioritise and multi-task.
You will also possess excellent technical skills, attention to detail and strong commercial and financial acumen gained by working within the legal and/or professional services environment.
How do I apply?
If you are interested, please send your application with your CV and cover letter to the People & Culture Manager to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.
*Please note we do not require the assistance of recruitment agencies at this time.