Bartier Perry is a successful commercial law firm based in the heart of the Sydney CBD. The business is on a steady growth trajectory built on a solid platform of experience and expertise in the local market.
Due to continued growth across the firm, we are seeking an enthusiastic and dynamic Practice Manager to assist and support multiple practice groups. Reporting to our Practice Group Heads and working closely with our Executive Management Team, you will play an integral role in supporting, influencing and driving the Practice Group to succeed in their business plans and strategic initiatives.
This is a newly created role and will offer the successful candidate an excellent opportunity to add value while providing critical support to these highly driven and friendly teams.
- Producing and analysing management and practice group reports
- Managing the completion of detailed reviews of aged WIP and debtors by Fee earners
- Assisting with the preparation and setting of team budgets and discretionary spend
- Ongoing review of processes and systems to identify opportunities for improvement
- Responsible for driving billing performance, including monthly updates and identifying opportunities to minimise shortfalls
- Identifying and addressing areas where financial improvements can be made in the team
Client Development & Compliance
- Working closely with the Business Development (BD) team, monitoring the Practice group(s) BD budget and activities against individual and team KPI’s
- Updating key client care plans and assisting with completion of case studies and deals list for use in publications/tenders/events
- Maintaining correct and accurate client information within our systems and provide relevant information to BD (such as events, seminars, presentations etc)
- Audit bi-annually of Practice Group(s) CV’s, facilitate updates and provide to BD
- Working with the Partners in the Practice Group & Business Development Team to schedule seminar and bulletin timetables
- Updating Firm calendar on the intranet with practice group initiatives
- Supply BD with contact information for events database. This includes all information about the contact. Provide updates when changes occur.
- Managing, maintaining and ensuring compliance with client service standards, including client liaison as required.
- Identifying and managing client precedents and the developments of workflows to create efficiencies, ensuring brand alignment.
- Provides suggestions & implements improvements to quality and services.
People leadership and management
- Lead and mentor support staff within Practice Group working closely with the Practice Head, Senior Lawyers and the People & Culture team
- Assisting People & Culture team with recruitment of Legal Secretaries, Paralegals and Lawyers
- Co-ordinating and completing performance reviews for Legal Secretaries
- Ensuring performance development plans are completed, and are aligned with the Practice Group’s business plan
- Leave approver and in charge of development of rosters during “close down periods”
- Working closely with relevant stakeholders including the Firm’s Trainer to ensure appropriate training and support within the Practice Group
- Working with and being guided by the People & Culture team to manage departures, new starters
- Enhances, promotes and builds brand of team/firm
- Working with the Executive Management team to develop, influence and implement firm strategic plan initiatives.
- Working closely with the Practice Heads to implement the Practice Groups’ business plan, in line with the Firm’s strategy.
- Strengthening relationships with members of the Practice Groups and Management team.
- Emulate professionalism and confidentiality and act in a way which supports and promotes the values of the firm.
What are we looking for?
To be successful in the role you will ideally have experience working in a law firm as a Practice Manager with strong communication, leadership and management skills, along with the ability to motivate and influence others, prioritise and multi-task.
You will also possess excellent technical skills, attention to detail and strong commercial acumen gained by working within the legal and/or professional services environment.
How do I apply?
If you are interested, please send your application with your CV and cover letter to Karen Huntington, People & Culture Manager to email@example.com
All applications will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.
*Please note we do not require the assistance of recruitment agencies at this time.